"Life asks of every individual a contribution, and it is up to that individual to discover
what it should be" - Victor Frankl
Work is a manifestation of our talent, experiences and perspective. It makes each one of us a unique individual. It is not simply an expression of our "self" but an extension of our "self".
Most people flitting from job to job in search of a career are not sure about what they have to offer and whether it is valued. At K7 we would like to break the myth that "the only reason for work is to fund an enjoyable leisure time".
We will take time to understand "who you are" and "what you have to offer". That is why we have small self managed teams.
If you would like to know more about the kind of people we are inviting to be part of our organization, read on.
- Are you looking for a "different" type of work environment where your individualism and brilliance (not to speak of your eccentricities) are understood and appreciated ?
- Do your unusual education qualifications (or lack of a formal degree) leave you out of large company selection processes ?
- Are you the type who stays up all night to optimize your C code by writing parts of it in Assembly or deciphering the hex dump ?
- Are you a self learner who reads up Bayesian filtering algorithms to write your own implementation ?
- Do you prefer to work in a self-organizing team without having a manager peering over your shoulder and don't care about the designation as long as you get to write great software ?
- Do you want to contribute to the tangible success of a software product company where your ideas are not only welcomed but encouraged ?
- Do you feel like a round peg in a square hole? Nice job, good money and doing good work, and yet, a voice in your head suggesting you are made for greater things.
- Commitment to your, team's and organization's growth
- Self Belief
- Professional Integrity
- Demonstrated Social Responsibility
What do we offer ?
1. We want people in the 99th Percentile. We understand that money is important and needs to be taken care of. We will ensure that the compensation is above the 90th percentile. We have instituted gain sharing where 10% of the net profits are distributed in an equitable manner amongst employees. We are hoping that with targeted average revenue per employee of $500,000, gain sharing will put you right in the 99th percentile. This, of course, depends on how the team and organization performs. Now that we have got this sticky subject out of the way, let us talk about what we really offer.
2. A developer centric work environment where innovation thrives, ideas are encouraged and developers are pampered. Check out our new office premises which is a manifestation of our philosophy.
3. Opportunity to work with some of the best brains in the business.
4. Challenge of building a new product and enhancing existing ones.
5. Opportunity to research new concepts, improve products and present your ideas in seminars, conferences and symposiums.
6. A non-hierarchical, self-organizing, "minimal management" place. If what we are describing feels like a "research lab", that is what we are trying to build. With a rider that this be a commercially successful research lab where ideas will translate into products.
How can I be part of K7 ?
1. Send in a brief "write up" (not a standard resume please!) about the cool work you have done and the hacks you are proud of. Be as technical as possible. It will be read by technical people, not a recruiter.
2. Attach code samples of small tools you have written to scratch an itch. Or point to code samples if written as part of an open source project.
3. Send this to email@example.com
4. Two things can happen.
a. You will get a nice write up thanking you for your interest
b. A call from our HR asking you to meet up with your potential co-workers. Spend a day with us, answering questions, asking a few of your own and with some interesting exercises thrown in.
5. If we like each other, let us talk further.